We only hire ROCK STARS!! So, are you ready to be a part of a low drama team? You must have a high level of integrity, experience in financial management, and a love for Jesus. This position must balance grace and accountability for staff and families. You work closely with the Director and with church financial staff.
The major responsibilities include:
Managing all financial operations for the school including,
Accounts payable and receivable
Working with church staff for facilities needs
Managing vehicle fleet
Provide support in the office setting as needed in answering the phone, assisting teachers, helping with children, and providing answers to parents and prospective parents.
Be willing and able to open and close the program as needed, which includes:
opening or closing the office/building
maintain paperwork for afterschool and extended day program
Check staffing needs for the day (or next day)
supervising staff and children
Some important qualifications and skills include:
- High level of personal and professional integrity as confirmed by professional references.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP) and 10 key.
- Mastery of Quickbooks and Office Suite including Excel required; knowledge of Kronos and ACS software preferred and/or ability to learn current financial programs.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent and two-years experience working with children
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Accounting and bookkeeping experience preferred
- Excellent credit history to obtain business credit card
- Excellent driving record to drive and oversee fleet of midi buses
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. multiple times a day.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while managing distractions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to supervise staff in the absence of the Director.
- Willingness and ability to relate professionally and appropriately to people being assertive with grace.
- A caring Christian person with knowledge of early childhood developmental, spiritual, physical, social, and emotional needs and competence in working with young children.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain compliance with the Minimum Standard Rules of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Willingness to receive additional training and education.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and ministry of First United Methodist Church.
- Be spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally capable of carrying out assigned responsibilities.
View full Job Description HERE
Afterschool Schoolage Teacher/Aide 2:00-6:30 P.M. M-F
Substitutes for all ages
Afternoon Preschool Teacher and Aides 1:30-6:30 P.M. M-F
Substitutes for all ages